Banking & Finance
George Y. Yiangou LLC’s practice and expertise in this area has been honed to perfection through years of experience. We have advised both borrowers and lenders on Cypriot law aspects in a significant number of complex financial transactions, valued from a few million to multi million dollars and involving Cypriot structures.
We are widely sought after in this field and regularly instructed by international law firms, local and international world-leading commercial and investment banks, international financial organizations, investment funds, government institutions, as well as many corporates. Our highly experienced team of lawyers and legal consultants are working methodically and with great responsiveness and commitment to high quality to achieve the best possible results for our clients.
The range of cases we have undertaken include, among others, syndicated or bilateral lending, senior or mezzanine financing – ranging from straightforward to complex multi-jurisdictional deal structures and complex security structures.
Our expertise in this complicated field includes:
- review and/or drafting and negotiating loan agreements and security documentation
- advice on creation and perfection of different types of collateral
- advice on corporate and tax matters, stamp duty and proper execution of documents
- advice on syndicated and bilateral lending
- advice on acquisition and project finance
- advice on refinancing and real estate financing
- advice on finance leasing, indemnities and guarantees
- advice on debt capital markets
- advice on debt restructuring
- securities and securities law compliance